Friday, January 8, 2021

Agate Nightlights

 

Light vs. Dark



The last two weeks have been emotional and stressful for many. It was difficult already with Covid but the riots at the Capitol have been heartbreaking and disgusting. I have been struggling with my own darkness such as past trauma, watching people destroy instead of peaceful protest, and some really good people that have made bad choices in the heat of the moment. 


My faulty thinking is that if I see or hear something good then it feels like a bit of balance in the world replaces that darkness . Yet, I saw this quote by Francis Bacon, “In order for the light to shine so brightly, the darkness must be present.”  This is so true, I would not be as grateful for the connections I have with friends and family if I did not miss them at times. We would not understand the miracle of life if we have not had an experience of loss. 


 


So.....

 

 

I wanted to bring a bit of light back into the world with some handmade nightlights. If it is dark then for the love of Merlin turn on some light!


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Each nightlight was made with stained glass with an agate placed in the middle.  I chose the glass color that I thought complimented the agates. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

The butterfly embellishment was added with the intention/mindful reminder to be free from fear. 


 Agates are believed to transform negativity into positivity. Some believe they can enhance mental function, improve concentration, and enhance perception and analytical abilities. It is a soothing and calming gemstone.  I do believe what we think and believe also plays a huge factor in our lives and well being.


 

These night lights will make a great addition to any home whether it be a bathroom or bedroom. It also makes the perfect gift! They are available with free shipping at our Etsy Shop.

 


Oprah Winfrey said, “You have to find what sparks a light in you so that you in your own way can illuminate the world.”


 

So go spread some light and I would really enjoy hearing below how you choose to spread light in the world!

Ginger Dawn

No comments:

Post a Comment