Sunday, December 20, 2020

1910 Yugoslavia Santa

 

Merry Shards & Sawdust



The Christmas season is here and we find ourselves reflecting on the past year and those moments that helped to shape our small business. It’s been quite a year for us all around the world!

 


We thought it would be a great opportunity to create a special art project together!


Our inspiration was a 1910 Yugoslavia Santa. I found a booklet online by Vicky Gillespie that is filled with many different Santas from around the world.  All of the glass/wood was purchased from Delphi Glass.

 



The pattern is for a very large sun catcher but I wanted to make it into a window.  

 

So with a bit of Christmas Spirit, we set to work.

I did have some difficulty with the glass cutting to make this project square. However, I found the copper foiling peaceful and relaxing as I wrapped each piece. This was very helpful with my PTSD and it helped me to mindfully connect with the present. The holidays can bring a flood of memories of the past.



 

 

I soldered, cleaned, and added patina, it was time for Mr. Sawdust to step in. He made the wood frame and it really made the window come alive. Afterwards, I added some Milliefiori fused glass for that extra touch.

 
 
 
 
This was a great project to create and a great reminder of all that we have been through together. 
 

 

2020 has also provided many thoughts of gratitude, and there’s no better time to express our thanks and sincere appreciation for all the support and kindness you’ve shown. We wish you the very happiest and most peaceful of holidays.

Ginger Dawn & O.J. Harman


No comments:

Post a Comment