Monday, July 27, 2020

Celtic Stained Glass Window

Mindfully Knotted for Life


Whenever I think of a knot, it reminds me of security. The tightening of two to create one. I decided to challenge myself and make a large stained glass window with the theme described above. I choose the Celtic knot because it has no start or finish and could be said to represent eternity whether this means loyalty, faith, friendship or love. Only one thread is used in each design which symbolizes how life and eternity are interconnected.

I do feel that we are all interconnected in many ways and I try to live my life as mindfully as possible. It is that connection that is represented in the design of the Celtic knot that brings this home to my heart. Life is an array of ups and downs and different perspectives that come and go. This is why I used the cathedral and beveled glass to give the different perspective as light shines through the glass.


So... what did I learn from this project?

Lesson One: Don’t let fear hold you back! I admit this was a huge project. And I was afraid it was above me and my skills. Yet, I am so happy I pushed through! Heck, why was I about to give up on a widow before I started? I have survived much harder stuff! 



Lesson Two: Accept that trying and failing is part of the process! I had to let go of “perfect” and “High Expectations,” those twin robbers who steal the joy and healing of what I am creating! I was trying and so what if I messed up a few times. I learned to use my mistakes as an opportunity to grow.

I did not realize how much that “Free Shipping” would cost me, along with the fees that Etsy was given for “Off Site Ads.” Yet, this reminder was good because this is the learning part of selling online. I know in my heart that each item I make goes where it needs to.


Lesson Three: Gratitude! Gratitude! Gratitude! I am so grateful for this opportunity to make and sell my stained glass. The biggest surprise for me was that I sold this window and this gave me such a good feeling that my art is appreciated and can sell. Moreover, I am so grateful for the profit because it was just enough to pay for one month of my therapy. Honestly, I really didn’t have a loss. I gained in more ways than one!

I really appreciate you reading this post! It means a lot to me that you took the time to visit my blog. If you are interested in looking at my other items for sale please visit this link at Shards & Sawdust. I also hope I inspired you to create art and take on more mindful habits in your life.
Ginger Dawn

No comments:

Post a Comment